[Beowulf] RAID storage: Vendor vs. parts

Jerome, Ron Ron.Jerome at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Feb 22 12:11:08 PST 2005

I've been running a 16 bay Maxtronix ATA raid unit on my 80 node cluster,
24x7 for the last couple of years without a single issue.

In fact I just ordered another similar SATA unit here...
http://www.raidweb.com/sata.html.

Ron Jerome
Programmer/Analyst
National Research Council Canada
M-2, 1200 Montreal Road, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R6
Government of Canada
Phone: 613-993-5346
FAX:   613-941-1571