[Beowulf] powering up 18 motherboards

Alpay Kasal eno at dorsai.org
Thu Feb 17 23:25:22 PST 2005

I think you hit the nail on the head Bari, I'm in Brooklyn, New York. So I
suppose it should be 15amp circuits but every circuit breaker in the box is
clearly a 10. This is an old house, seems like any renovations over the
years have been only for aesthetics. The wiring in the walls is probably
disintegrating - that would explain why the new looking circuit breakers are
rated for 10 amps.

I think I can get use of 3 circuits which gives me some room to play with
all the nodes and hopefully the assortment of switches and power supply. I
have to figure out what the draw will be on the rest of the equip. Now where
the hell am I going to plug in this air conditioner????

Any advice on how to gang up 3 10amp circuits into a single 30amp? Sounds
like a job for an electrician? Thanks for the help guys.

Alpay