[SPAM] [Beowulf] powering up 18 motherboards

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Thu Feb 17 16:59:49 PST 2005

Jim Lux wrote:

> A 10 amp circuit would be highly unusual in the U.S., but might be
> common practice elsewhere.  In the U.S., a 15 amp circuit is standard.

I thought this was odd when I first read this as well. This may be a
case where to save dollars or in rehabbing old buildings where you may
have more than 3 current carrying conductors in one raceway and you have
to derate the current protection. In this case it may be that they ran
more than three #14 current carrying conductors (as defined by the
NEC)in the same raceway and had to derate the usual 15 amp circuit
protection down to 10 amps.

-Bari Ari