[Beowulf] memory allocation on x86_64 returning huge addresses

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 12:18:00 PST 2005

Greg,
thanks a lot for this hint. I will try it.

Quick question: So this will let me sbrk all the available memory then?
Is there a way to tell it to allocate all available memory with mmap? I
used to hack the kernel and change TASK_UNMAPPED_BASE in the kernel in
order to get all memory from the box in one large chunk. I guess I
should have instead lowering it raised the value.

I really would like to actually find some docs about this...

Again thanks!
Roland