[Beowulf] ifort MPI_FILE_OPEN err with romio testsuite

Clotho wytsang at clustertech.com
Sun Feb 6 19:24:43 PST 2005

In MPICH-1.2.6, romio directory, there is a test program called
"fcoll_test.f".
The test program run successfully with gcc compiler.
However, with ifort (8.0/8.1) compiler, the program fails.

After debugging, I find that the function MPI_FILE_OPEN fails (ierr is
non-zero).
But change the size of character array from 1024 to 200 can solve the
problem.

I have found another people with similar experience as me: (in Chinese)
http://www.lasg.ac.cn/cgi-bin/forum/view.cgi?forum=4&topic=2519

Here is the full program :
http://clustertech.com/~wytsang/fcoll_test.f

Here is the simplier version of the program.

     program main
     implicit none

     include 'mpif.h'

     integer nprocs
     integer mynod
     integer fh, ierr
     character*1024 str    ! used to store the filename
c     character*200 str    ! this will work

     integer writebuf(1)

     call MPI_INIT(ierr)
     call MPI_COMM_SIZE(MPI_COMM_WORLD, nprocs, ierr)
     call MPI_COMM_RANK(MPI_COMM_WORLD, mynod, ierr)

     str = 'test'
     writebuf(0) = 0

     call MPI_FILE_OPEN(MPI_COMM_WORLD, str,                           &
    &     MPI_MODE_CREATE+MPI_MODE_RDWR, MPI_INFO_NULL, fh, ierr)
     print *,ierr

     call MPI_FINALIZE(ierr)

     stop
     end