[Beowulf] SGE web frontends

Andrew D. Fant fant at pobox.com
Fri Feb 4 13:27:47 PST 2005

Brian Henerey wrote:

> I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'd also be interested to know
> if there are any open source web frontends for launching jobs on
> clusters. I've mostly written my own anyway, but if something's out
> there I'd like to know.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian Henerey

Most of this is admittedly not open-source, but it is what I can think
of off the top of my head for web/gui cluster front end tools.

I think Platform explored a web front end for LSF after they killed off
the xlsf tools.  The tool I have seen lately that I would be more
interested in seeing more of is Auger from the Jefferson Laboratory in
Norfolk.  Technically it's not a web front end, because it's a java
front end tool, but it looks nice in any case.  Most of the true web
front ends for cluster jobs that I have seen are application specific
portals.  NCSA has some examples, and PNL has a nice distributed web
front end for computation chemistry applications, as well.

Andy