[Beowulf] Information Reseach Lab

Michael Will mwill at penguincomputing.com
Fri Feb 4 10:36:51 PST 2005

It depends on the GIS software used. There was some work
to mpi-enable GRASS modules a while back, no idea where it
went. Here is something about a parallel version of s.surf.rst:

http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/grasscontrib/

And of course if you program against the GIS api's you
might be able to take advantage of a cluster as well.

There is a paper that mentiones they used MPI for paralelizing
their GIS/EM4 software on http://www.colorado.edu/research/cires/banff/pubpapers/104/

Michael

--
Michael Will, Linux Sales Engineer
Tel:  415-954-2822  Toll Free:  888-PENGUIN