[Beowulf] SGE web frontends

rene rene at renestorm.de
Fri Feb 4 03:12:39 PST 2005

Hi Matthew,

i've been working/thinking on that a year ago and my opinion:
"You don't want to do that."

But there are some questions
Do you want to go public with that little webpage?
Do you want to execute common sge jobs or is it just one application?
Do these jobs have input data?
How complex is your authorization hierarchy?
What do you do with the next sge release?
How to you share the results and the status with the users?

There are webfrontend for cluster apllications out there eg
 NCBI's blast, but never heard of it for common jobs.

Cya

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone recommend a simple web frontend for submitting SGE jobs?

> Thanks,
>
> Matthew Pratola
> M.Sc. Candidate
> Dept. of Statistics and Actuarial Science
> Simon Fraser University
> Vancouver, BC, CANADA

Rene Storm
@Cluster