[Beowulf] SGE web frontends

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Fri Feb 4 05:20:48 PST 2005

Robert G. Brown wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Matthew Pratola wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>Can anyone recommend a simple web frontend for submitting SGE jobs?
>

>   http://www.globus.org/
>
> One stop shopping.

Did I miss something?  Was a tongue planted in cheek with this reply?

As far as I know there are very few web interfaces to running SGE (or
LSF, or ...) jobs.  If I am wrong please do provide links/references.

Globus is not a web interface (last I checked), but a large group of
middleware to manage something that looks a lot closer to the definition
of a grid than SGE.  SGE is a job scheduler (with a name "engineered" to
make you think it is a one-stop-shop as a grid-in-a-box).

My company is interested in (and we are developing) web portals for end
user cluster work, so if you know of any, we would like to hear about
them.  Good open-source platforms that are current/supported could be
worth looking at (and will save us time/development effort).  There seem
to be lots of bits of abandonware in the grid portal/user-interface
area.  We don't want to re-invent wheels, but at the same time, we don't
want to adopt abandoned ones either.

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D