[Beowulf] Re: real hard drive failures

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Tue Feb 1 10:23:05 PST 2005

There quite an elegant set of scripts available at
http://gate-bunker.p6.msu.ru/~berk/router.html to tweak a standard debian
installation to boot from an IDE device and run entirely from tempfs from
that point on, thereby avoiding the 'worn out' compact flash problem.
Targeted at router applications but certainly useful for other semi-embedded
applications.

	{clip}