[Beowulf] Newbie

Skylar Thompson skylar at cs.earlham.edu
Thu Dec 29 12:21:09 PST 2005

john p wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently trying out my first beowulf cluster. I'm attempting a
> 3-node private cluster. I'm using Linux 9 OS. I've come to the point
> where i need to setup the remote shell (rsh) but i cant find the
> /etc/hosts.equiv or the .rhosts files. They are just not there. Do i
> need to create the files or do i need to install Linux 9 again?
>
> Please advise.

For a variety of reasons, I recommend using ssh with passwordless keys,
rather than host authentication with rsh. There's a good guide here:

http://dcs.nac.uci.edu/~strombrg/ssh-keys.html

Send email if you run into trouble. Good luck!

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar at cs.earlham.edu)
-- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/