[Beowulf] cluster for doing real time video panoramas?

Jim Lux James.P.Lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 22 18:28:34 PST 2005

At 04:20 PM 12/22/2005, Glen Gardner wrote:
>Be bold. Do the image processing in parallel.

Yes, but how to parallelize??  Do the projections to the sphere 1 or 2 cams
per pc, and then "gather" the pieces of the projections?
Or, send all cams to all pcs, and do frame parallel processing. Some sync
issues there.

A lot of interesting questions arise..

Just for grins.. 640x480x3 bytes per frame at 30fps = 27 MB/sec = 220 Mbit/sec

That's a bunch o data to be pushing around.