[Beowulf] problem of installing MPICH2 on Gentoo AMD64

Minsong Cao cmsuc at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 18:53:05 PDT 2005

I am a newbie in Mpich2. I have a problem of installing Mpich2 on Gentoo 2.6.10 AMD64 systems. The kernel source is vanilla-sources. CFLAGS="-march=k8 -pipe -03 -fexpensive-optimization -ffast-math". There are two machines both having scsi disks.
I was able to install Mpich2 in the slave machine and run sanity check by "mpd &", "mpdtrace" and "mpdallexit". The output of mpdtrace looked fine. For the master machine, however, the command "mpdtrace" just sit there without returning any output. I also tried to use "mpdcheck" and "testconfig', but these commands also did not return any outputs.
Anyone has comments or suggestions to solve this problem? Thanks.

Do You Yahoo!?