[Beowulf] Is Beowulf the right solution for my problem ?

Andrew Wang andrewxwang at yahoo.com.tw
Sat Apr 23 21:46:10 PDT 2005

You really need a batch system. When there are more
jobs than your beowulf can handle, the jobs need to be
queued up, or otherwise all the machines will be
paging.

Sun GridEngine is free, opensource:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net

Commercial support is available from Sun or its
partners:
http://www.sun.com/software/gridware/

Lastly, what are the "political" reasons? SGE has a
BSD like license, and they support Cray, NEC SX5/6,
PPC/IA64/Alpha Linux, and *BSDs (but those need to be
compiled from source).

Andrew.