[Beowulf] Using VMWare and Beowulf to create one very large machine

Guy Coates gmpc at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Apr 8 01:34:09 PDT 2005

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Eric Thibodeau wrote:

> Sounds like your project is much more OpenMosix-centric than
> Beowulf-centric. I suggest you look into OpenMosix instead.

Take a look at openssi too;

It also allow you to take disparate machines and turn them into a single
cluster (it uses the openmosix schedular for process load balancing)

IF you want an easy test of both products, there are knoppix CDs with

and openSSI

Boot the CD on one machine, PXEboot the rest and viola; instant cluster.

Dr. Guy Coates,  Informatics System Group
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1223 834244 ex 7199