[Beowulf] installing mpich on SMP Linux box

Rusty Lusk lusk at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 24 14:05:37 PDT 2004

You need to configure with --comm=shared , as described in the
Installation Guide.  You might also consider using MPICH2 instead, which
is much more up to date than the older MPICH 1.2.6.  It is available now from
our web site http://www.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich2, and has a very nearly
complete implementation of MPI-2.

Regards,
Rusty Lusk