[Beowulf] 3com isa and other ethernet adapter : no link

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Fri Sep 3 20:51:58 PDT 2004

I've had significant problems in 2 flavors (SuSE and Redhat/Fedora) of
Linux with the Asus nVidia on-board hardware.

Go into the bios.  Disable the on-board ethernet hardware.  Use the PCI
card.  Should work fine from there.  While you're at it, disable the
sound and other unneeded periperals.

Windows has the info on the Asus/nVidia API, which isn't readily or
frequently released to the Linux world.