[Beowulf] Re: building a new cluster

SC Huang schuang21 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 11:31:46 PDT 2004

Thank you for the comments, Tim. I have some bigger case (16M grid
points) but have not posted them. :-)

The "wall-clock seconds" shown in the figure are the time needed for
one time step (it's an unsteady flow problem). In fact, the value is
an average value taken from several time steps (variation is about 10%
between time steps). The inital startup overhead time is totally
excluded in the timing (i.e. I started the code and let it run for a
few steps and then begin timing, using "mpi_wtime()" call).