[Beowulf] rsh don't see the real variables

Gustavo Gobi Martinelli gustavo at martinelli.etc.br
Sat Oct 9 12:49:10 PDT 2004

I'm trying to make the pvm 3.4.5 work, but I'm having a problem with "rsh".

if I execute the command:

# rsh 'set'

I will see a list of variables that isn't in the .bash_profile of root user.

But, if I execute this:

# rsh

the login occurs and I can execute

# set

Now, I can see the variable that I need.

What did happen? How can I find the local where I can declare the variables that
will be appear with " rsh 'set' " command?

Because this, the PVM doesn't work. It needs see $PVM_ROOT variable that exists
in .bash_profile but not in "rsh" session.

Someone know anything about it? I'm using the Fedora Core 2 with kernel 2.6.7.

Gustavo Gobi Martinelli
Linux User# 270627