[Beowulf] High Performance for Large Database

Laurence Liew laurence at scalablesystems.com
Tue Nov 16 01:17:29 PST 2004

Hi,

Yes .. if you use GFS rule of thumb of 1:8 it can support 512 compute
nodes....  provided you use NFS to re-export the GFS filesystem.... you
may not get the performance you want with a GFS + NFS approach.

If you use a direct GFS approach.. then you are limited to 64 nodes
currently.... that is on each compute node.. you run GFS to access a
central SAN storage.

Laurence