[Beowulf] torus versus (fat) tree topologies

Underwood, Keith D kdunder at sandia.gov
Fri Nov 12 19:45:27 PST 2004

Yep, that's the standard solution.  Red Storm has the Z dimension in the
cabinet (and, so, is a torus) and we choose not to connect X or Y in a
torus (for a couple of reasons), but it could hypothetically be done
using this type of scheme.   (i.e. you use the same type of
interleaving, but you do it at the cabinet/row level).

					Keith