[Beowulf] MPICH problem

Paulo Silva pjs at eurotux.com
Tue May 25 03:56:00 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm having some problems running some mpi programs in a beowulf cluster.
The cluster is composed of 12 Linux machines and the compilation of the
mpich libraries run well. I've also configured the machines.LINUX file
so that it lists all machines available in the cluster. When I try to
run some program I get the following error:

$ mpirun -np 3 cpi
rm_924:  p4_error: rm_start: net_conn_to_listener failed: 33064
p0_22381:  p4_error: Child process exited while making connection to
remote process on a01: 0
/opt/mpich/bin/mpirun: line 1: 22381 Broken
pipe             /nfshome/ex/cpi -p4pg /nfshome/ex/PI22264
-p4wd /nfshome/ex

The /nfshome is a nfs shared directory. The a01 is accessible by rsh.
Can someone help me with this error?
--
Paulo Silva <pjs at eurotux.com>