[Beowulf] Athlon64 / Opteron test

Joe Griffin joe.griffin at mscsoftware.com
Fri May 14 14:00:38 PDT 2004

Mikhail,

Compilers aren't mentioned on the performance page.  Lot's of the CPU time
is spent in a few routines which are often hand tuned in assembler.

An interesting note for this group is the dominance of Linux in the
charts.  When performance numbers for our last release were made,
MSC Posted Tru64, UNICOS, Fujitsu/UXP, HPUX, AIX, Linux,
NEC/SuperUX, IRIX, and Solaris numbers:

http://www.mscsoftware.com/support/prod_support/nastran/performance/v0109_sngl.cfm

but with this last release, most of the hardware companies submitted
linux numbers:

http://www.mscsoftware.com/support/prod_support/nastran/performance/v04_sngl.cfm

I think this shift is worthy of notation.

Joe