[Beowulf] Re: ping

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu May 13 04:02:38 PDT 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Bill Rankin wrote:

> > ICMP Echo Reply!
>
> Gotta do something about that latency issue...

I think it is improving... my first message was held for
hand-proctoring, which will really crimp conversation on the list if it
persists, but Doug tells me that Don tells him that the new list server
is just about up and shaken down with spam assassin sitting above
mailman.  Inshallah as it is demonstrated that the DDDoS (Damn
Distributed Denial of Service) attack that is SPAM is being
mostly-effectively filtered the need for proctoring will go away and we
can actually talk again.

Personally, I think it is a miracle -- I couldn't have picked a better
few weeks for the list to go away than right through finals.  I got SO
much more work done...:-)

    rgb