[Beowulf] Benchmarking?

Douglas Eadline, Cluster World Magazine deadline at linux-mag.com
Wed Jul 28 18:57:50 PDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Jack C wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Is anyone aware of tools that I can run on linux/MPI to determine peak
> performance, preferably in M/GFLOPS? I've seached The Oracle (google) but so
> far to no avail.

A riddle:

When you can tell me "how tall is a building", then I will tell you
"how fast is your cluster".

An while you contemplate this question, you may visit
http://www.netlib.org/benchmark/hpl/ to start your journey of
enlightenment.

(of course reading the copious discussions of benchmarking in the list
archives is another way to go if you don't like the Zen approach)

Doug