[Beowulf] PBS question -- qdel does not kill jobs

SC Huang schuang21 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 11:10:03 PST 2004

Hi,

We have a new system set up. The vendor set up the PBS for us. For
administration reasons, we created a new queue "dque" (set to default)
using the "qmgr" command:

create queue dque queue_type=e
s q dqueue enabled=true, started=true

I was able to submit jobs using the "qsub" command to queue "dque".
However, when I use "qdel" to kill a job, the job disappears from the
job list shown by "qstat -a", but the executable is still running on
the compute nodes. Every time I have to login the corresponding the
compute node and kill the running job.

I am wondering if I missed something in setting up the queue so that I
am unable to kill the job completely using "qdel".

Thanks.