[Beowulf] problem in mounting

Kumaran Rajaram kums at mpi.mpi-softtech.com
Mon Dec 6 11:37:53 PST 2004

Akthar,

   You need to export the file system/directories on the server
(exportfs -ra). Also, make sure to start the nfs services on the
clients (on redhat: service nfs start). Also, remove the leading dot in
your exportfs entry (see below)

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, akhtar Rasool wrote:

> hi,
> i m unable to share the /home of server. when i  mount -a on the slave an error is generated
>
> mount: host1:/home failed, reason given by server: permission denied
>

> the /etc/hosts  files on both  server and slave r same.
> on the server the contents of file /etc/exports   are
>
> /home *.192.168.0.20/24(rw,sync,no_root_squash)

should be
/home 192.168.0.20/24(rw,sync,no_root_squash)
or
/home *(rw,sync,no_root_squash)

  If necessary, stop the iptables service.

HTH,
-Kums