[Beowulf] Re:Gaussian in parallel (Geoff Galitz)

Leif Nixon nixon at nsc.liu.se
Thu Dec 2 02:21:57 PST 2004

Donald Kinghorn <kinghorn at pqs-chem.com> writes:

> Compiling is sometimes a nuisance but no more than you'd expect for a huge
> program that is supported on so many platforms.

What? Are we talking about the same program here? I mean, a Makefile
that promptly removes all produced *.o files, so that each time you
run the build script (written in csh, for crissakes!) every source file
must be recompiled?

Don't get me started, but

  http://deaddog.duch.udel.edu/~frey/research/gaussian.php

contains a good rant and instructions for working around some of the
major braindead stuff.

--
Leif Nixon                                    Systems expert