[Beowulf] PVM or ???

mechti01 mechti01 at luther.edu
Sun Aug 29 21:19:54 PDT 2004

Hi Anand,

Thank you very much for reading my message and taking the time to reply.
Your help has aroused some thought as to what I really want to do with the
cluster and also provided some valuable insight on different ways to
implemented.  Initially the cluster will mainly be used in the physics
department for running calculations and simulations, but the usage will
hopefully be expanded into the Biology and Computer Science departments as
well at a later time.

I have taken a closer look at Rocks Linux and even tried to install in on
a subset of the cluster systems.  Problems caused by unsupported
videocards prompted me to continue looking for other cluster
distributions, however.  I plan to try Mandrakesoft's CLIC 2.0 next.  I've
also downloaded ClusterMatic 4 and might give that a try as well.  Would
you, or anyone else who might be reading this, have any experience with
either or both of these systems?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

-Timo Mechler