[Beowulf] Run matlab files in a cluster

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Thu Aug 5 06:12:42 PDT 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 at 4:02pm, Chris wrote

> A hypothetical situtaion would be, I have 3 scripts
> files (script1.m, script2.m and script3.m) and I want
> to run all three at the same time and they should use
> the memory of the head as well as the slave nodes. Is
> there some easy way to do this???

Err, well, the easiest way is to just launch the 3 scripts, 2 on the slave
and one on the head, in separate matlab sessions.  Matlab is single
threaded, so each session will use one CPU.  And each session can only use
the memory of the node it's running on.

There are all sorts of tricks one could play with batch schedulers and/or
Mosix to make this more automated, but for 2 nodes that's well and truly
overkill.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering