[Beowulf] Related to: How to restrict CPU usage

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Wed Aug 4 02:27:56 PDT 2004

akhtar Rasool wrote:
> Hi, Thanx Mark & chris for flourshing my knowledge, What i want to do
> is that if some one executes a parallel program of 2.5 hrs execution
> time while this is executing(on all nodes), if i want to run a 2
> minute parallel program on the same machines how will cluster (made
> with MPICH as an MPI) manage this. Actually i have created a GUI
> environment for the execution of these parallel programs now what
> provision to make in that environment for the above
> problem............

Hello, Akhtar.

The openMosix kernel supports both load balancing, and load limiting:

	http://howto.x-tend.be/openMosixWiki/index.php/HomePage

Use 'FindPage' to search for "load limit" on this Wiki...

Best wishes,

	Tony.
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.    |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687