sound card stuff

Donald B. Kinghorn kinghorn at
Fri Mar 14 09:18:48 PST 2003

I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about :-)
but I think you'll find the the RME Hammerfall cards will do everything that
you want and they are well supported under linux. (but not cheap!)

Home page...

Some clock sysnc stuff ...

They have nifty things like
"Input 3 x optical (TOSLINK), 1 x coaxial (Cinch), internal (CD-ROM/Sync-In),
word clock (BNC)"
"  Output 3 x optical (TOSLINK), coaxial (Cinch), internal (Sync-Out), word
clock (BNC)"

Hope this helps.
(and if you buy a bunch of them and have more than you need I would be happy
to accept one as a donation to my fledgling home studio :-)

Best regards to all