Physical questions

Jim Lux James.P.Lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jan 13 16:01:19 PST 2003

Several rack hardware manufacturers make shelves that have EIA spaced ears
on the front.  It's just a single piece of sheet metal with 4 bends, and a
few punches.  If you're getting more than a dozen or so, a local sheet
metal fabrication place could probably make a bunch for you, and put in all
the mounting holes you'll need for the mobo, etc.

Check the companies supplying stuff to the music industry. (I seem to
recall a company called Middle Atlantic Products that does all sorts of
these folded and punched things) In single unit quantities, they'll
probably be around $50-60...