MPI vs PVM

David Farrell farrelde at clarkson.edu
Thu Jan 9 11:38:36 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rodrigo F. Baroni" <rodrigobaroni at yahoo.com.br>
To: <beowulf at beowulf.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 1:25 PM
Subject: MPI vs PVM

> Hello all,
>

>     I have to do a choice between MPI or PVM to use to
> develop image processing aplications .
>
>     After to do this choice and start to study a lot,
> could someone tell me some sugestion ?  This would be
> very useful ..
>

>   Thanks
>
> Rodrigo F Baroni
>
> Computer Science Grad Student
> Image Science Centre and Medical Phisics
> Universidade of Sao Paulo State, Brazil

Rodrigo-
    I prefer the MPI standard, there are many implementations available,
(for me) it was easier to configure, install and run. It is portable and
well maintained. Have you, looked into OpenMOSIX? It is a process migration
method, but is currently suited for Intel 32 bit architecture only ( -
http://openmosix.sourceforge.net/)

Dave F.