bproc starting programs /mpi

lothar at triumf.ca lothar at triumf.ca
Tue Jan 7 09:55:48 PST 2003

Hi,
I have installed a bproc system (Los Alamos implementaion)and have some
slave nodes up.

I can execute simple commands via bpsh (e.g. bpsh 7 ps).

However, I  have a simple program (a.out) which runs fine (opens file)
in standard execution, but

bpsh 7 ./a.out
open: Permission denied
apparent state: unit 10 named recoil.dat
lately writing direct unformatted external IO
bpsh: Child process exited abnormally.

obviously refusing to open a file, even though permissions
are set as loose as possible.

for mpi using fpi as a test

mpirun -np 1 fpi

runs correctly while any higher node number hangs till a
message appears

"ast01.triumf.ca connection refused" appears, the same as I get now
for rsh.  I have set P4_RSHCMMD to bpsh.

so what's wrong?

Lothar