Attention Grid Opponents: Prepare to Eat Crow :^)

Randall Jouett rules at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 6 08:25:23 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 15:31, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On 5 Jan 2003, Randall Jouett wrote:
>
> > OK. You grid opponents should check out this article:
> >
> > http://www.pcworld.com/features/article/0,aid,107828,00.asp
> >
> > Midway down the page is a very nice snip-it on grid computin.
>
> Very nice piece of meaningless fluff.

IBM putting 5 billion dollars into grid is "fluff." Wow.

> Beowulfs are not grids. Please read up on them before you post again.

I have been reading up on it. Some folks on the list have been
helpful in explaining beowulf and parallel processing, too. (Thanks.)
Also, we were having a discussion about grid computing on the
list, so it was on topic.

Best Regards,

Randall
--