Any news on Infiniband ?

pascal.deveze at bull.net pascal.deveze at bull.net
Wed Feb 26 01:36:21 PST 2003

I'd like to get recent information on that new interconnect technology.

I know that information can be found on different sites :

http://infiniband.sourceforge.net
http://www.mellanox.com/technology/whitepapers.html

But, I cannot see recent news and forecast. I'd like to know if
optimisations of hardware and software are planned and what are the
goals in term of :

- Bandwidth : My last information is that current maximum is about 800 MBytes/s
                    for message size of 128 KBytes

- Latency (message of 0 0byte) : My last information is that current minimum
                 is about 20 micros.

- Milestone for optimisations. I do not have any information.

- Hardware / Software optimizations: I do not have any information