networking options

Matthew Timothy Pratola mp00aa at cosc.brocku.ca
Tue Sep 24 07:46:23 PDT 2002

Hi Dean,

Of course each app is different, but i'm interested more in high
throughput/low latency as it cannot harm apps which don't require this,
but is absolutely necessary for apps which do require this level of
performance.  In this regard, myrinet is certainly the one i've heard the
most about, but that doesn't preclude something else which is new and/or
better.

Also its unclear as to the effect of topology on a cluster of this size
(one response i've received indicated that it may not be much of a
factor).

These interconnects are definitely not cheap though :)

Matt