mpich distro?

Alexis Zubrow azubrow at
Tue Sep 17 07:23:12 PDT 2002

You could try using the debian version.  They have 1.2.4.  You can
download the .deb file and then use some type of translator to convert it
to an rpm.  In debian, there is something called "alien" that I have found
has done an excellent job converting rpm's to deb.  It also goes the other

On the other hand, if you want to use fortran code and want something
better than g77, I think your going to have to build it yourself.  I
wanted the portland group compilers, so I ended up building it from