revamping our beowulf

Dean Johnson dtj at uberh4x0r.org
Fri Sep 6 07:26:42 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 08:19, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> Convert to Red Hat, learn to use kickstart, PXE, DHCP and yum.

This is exactly what I am doing and am on version 3 of "Dean's Magic
Disk". ;-) The problem, however, is that diskettes are soooo sloowwwww.
It takes longer to boot from the floppy than it does to install the
whole system and reboot. I have the install size down to 480 meg for
RH7.3, so it may be worthwhile to just put the whole image on the a CD
and only depend on the network for node identity through dhcp, but maybe
just putting the boot stuff on there would suffice.

	-Dean