kernel panic

Louis J. Romero louisr at aspsys.com
Mon Oct 28 08:15:01 PST 2002

hi Pablo,

There is an earlier version of NBP ( aka linux.0 ) which can't handle memory >
768 MB.  Grab an NBP off the net.  Linux.c has a code segment that figures
out the amount of memory on the machine.  You should see a code segment that
computes memory for machines that have < 768 MB and a code segment that
computes memory for machines with > 768 MB.  I know that pxe-0.1-33.src.rpm
for redhat has the NBP that can handle the extra memory.  pxe-0.1-28.src.rpm
did not.

Louis

--
Louis J. Romero