Dual CPU nodes?

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Tue Oct 22 01:30:44 PDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 02:15:08AM -0400, Ken Chase wrote:

> [A friend told me about blowing a circuit once at his lab and he had a large
>  metal bracelet on. When the circuit blew, he was standing under the power
>  run (about 5 feet over his head in the ceiling) and his bracelet shot up his
>  arm and yanked on his wrist, quite hard! He had a bruise to prove it.  It
>  was only a 20A circuit - what would cause that? Dangerous wiring situation?]

That would be Faraday's Law. Look it up in any College Physics Book. The
bracelet was a closed circuit that was enclosing Magnetic flux from the
power line. Basically, the rate of change of the magnetic flux enclosed
within the cross-sectional area bounded by the closed circuit resulted
in a force on the bracelet. Since the cirucit breaker broke, this
resulted in a large rate of change and a proportional force.

cheers,
Karen
--
 Karen Shaeffer