Server room power engineering

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Thu Oct 10 09:07:19 PDT 2002

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> It is unfortunate that we have to be our own experts here as so many
> places -- one might have hoped that a beowulf person didn't have to
> effectively study for a journeyman electrician's license -- but alas it
> just works out that way.  So anyway, enjoy!

Actually what's disapointing is how little most electricians seem to know
about NEC requirements for data centers. I had an electrician tell me I
didn't want our new ups connected to our EPO switch because if someone hit
the button it would turn off. This was followed  but much shouting and
waving on my part.

joelja

Joel Jaeggli	      Academic User Services   joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
--    PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E      --
  resort of the scoundrel.  With all due respect to an enlightened but