Installing CHARMM c27b1 on Red Hat 7.3

Joseph Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sat Oct 5 08:24:04 PDT 2002

Hi Eugene:

  Some codes have problems with the 2.96 "version" of GCC distributed
with the Redhat 7.x releases.  Try installing the GCC 3.0.4 rpms and use
this compiler instead.

  You may need to do a

	setenv CC gcc3
	setenv CXX g++3
	setenv F77 g77-3

  Note:  the 3.0.4 is not the latest/greatest gnu compiler.  3.2 is out,
and is reasonably good.  There are no RPMs for it, so you would have to
build it yourself, and install it on your nodes.  This would likely
involve adjusting /etc/ld.so.conf to point to the location of the shared
libraries.

Joe