bpsh and memory leak - wien - solution

Florent Calvayrac Florent.Calvayrac at univ-lemans.fr
Fri Oct 4 02:58:20 PDT 2002

Donald Becker wrote:

> As the ramdisk fills, it grows.

sorry to contradict you here, but the following C program
----------
#include<stdio.h>
main()
{
        FILE *f;
        f=fopen("/tmp/full","w");
        for(;;) fprintf(f,"hh");
}
-----------------

when ran with a
bpsh 0 ./a.out

just fills the ramdisk until bpsh 0 df gives 0% free...then nothing more happens,
the node 0 does not swap !

> Hmmm, what is the behavior with
>    bpsh -n ...

memory explodes as well.
I guess the program is writing to /dev/null, not reading from it.

> > by files and scripts, normally rsh/nfs is needed and not mpi).
>
> Thanks for posting the solution.  On the driver mailing lists there are
> often questions but no follow-ups when things work.

Indeed I am an evil communist partisan of open source and reciprocity.

--
Florent Calvayrac                          |
Laboratoire de Physique de l'Etat Condense |