itanium2

Daniel Kidger Daniel.Kidger at quadrics.com
Tue Oct 1 12:34:43 PDT 2002

Pacific Northwestern National Lab has an Itanium II cluster.

There were only around 80 processors (as 2U 1GHz dual-cpu HP rx2600's) when
I visited earlier in the year, but the final size will be around 1400 CPUs.

e.g.
http://www.pnl.gov/news/2002/computer.htm
http://www.eurekalert.org/features/doe/2002-04/dnnl-wmp061302.php

I also know of 5 other sites that have smaller Itanium II clusters.

(for information Doug's HP zx2000 nodes are AFAIK single CPU desktop boxes
that rack as 4U units - so probably offer better price performance as long
as you have the space)

Yours,
Daniel.

Dr. Dan Kidger, Quadrics Ltd.      daniel.kidger at quadrics.com
One Bridewell St., Bristol, BS1 2AA, UK         0117 915 5505