Trouble spawning slaves in pvm

Andrew Shewmaker` shewa at inel.gov
Wed Nov 13 11:37:43 PST 2002

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 02:56:59 -0500 (EST)
ahmad rizvi <arizvi at eng.utoledo.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am running pvm on my university system. The system is a network of solaris
> workstations. The solaris workstations login to the main server which contains
> pvm.
> I am able to get pvm up and running on my system, but I am not able to spawn any
> slaves with the pvm_spawn() command.
> Any ideas would be extremely helpful.
> Thanks,
> Ahmad Rizvi
> Grad. Student,
> UT

Does your log file say anything useful?
/tmp/pvml.<userid>

What error code does pvm_spawn() return?
The man page says it returns the error code "either in numt or in the tids array" and
the error codes it references are defined in $PVM_ROOT/include/pvm3.h

Andrew

--
Andrew Shewmaker
Associate Engineer

Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory
2525 Fremont Ave.
Idaho Falls, ID 83415-3605