MS attacking government use of "open source"

Mark Hahn hahn at physics.mcmaster.ca
Fri May 24 17:43:50 PDT 2002

> from making any performance tests public.  Doesn't that tell you what
> kind of company you're dealing with when you buy Microsoft products?
> Sounds more like a closed, totalitarian, police state to me.

oh, give me a break!  the liberty-loving approach is that since it's
their product, they're free to dictate whatever terms they like.
it's the police state that would legislate what can and can't appear
in a license.

<heresy>
it's not much of an exaggeration to say that the dissenting states
are in effect asking to nationalize Windows.
</heresy>