sorry ... not cut through

Eray Ozkural erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr
Wed May 15 13:28:43 PDT 2002

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 20:38, Greg Lindahl wrote:
> Cut-through vs. store-and-forward ought not affect bandwidth at all.

Do you have any information on the topology and/or architecture of modern
ethernet switches? I looked for some information on this subject but was
unable to find any. I would expect these switches to be a dynamic network,
like some sort of an omega network but correct me if I am wrong. The number
of ports I'm talking about is >16, for instance the one we're using has 36
100-BaseTX ports.

Regards,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr>