Shared disks

Juan Quintela quintela at mandrakesoft.com
Thu May 9 14:10:23 PDT 2002

>>>>> "jon" == Jon Hittner <jhittner at vmsinfo.com> writes:

Hi

jon> Im not sure if what Im trying to do is possible under linux and if so, I
jon> thought that beowulf might be a posible solution.

jon> Am I missing a mount option or something?  Is this even possible? Is there
jon> anyting in Beowulf that would help?

That is not possible with a normal filesystem.  When you mount the fs
readonly, it expects that nothing changes on the disk under it.
And you are doing.  You need a distributed FS, perhaps GFS will help
you.

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy